The children of CCP memorize Scripture and a short catechism during their daily morning meeting and weekly chapel times. This is what they worked on in 2020-2021.
4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.
9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen–put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
22But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8a
New International Version (NIV, 1984)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails.
Catechism for Young Children
- Who made you? God
- What else did God make? All things
- Why did God make you and all things? For his own glory
- How can you glorify God? By loving him and doing what he commands
- Why should you glorify God? Because he made me and takes care of me
- Are there more gods than one? No, there is only one God
- In how many persons does this one God exist? In three persons
- What are they? The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
- What is God? God is a spirit and does not have a body like man
- Where is God? God is everywhere?
- Can you see God? No; I cannot see God, but he always sees me
- Does God know all things? Yes, nothing can be hidden from God
- Can God do all things? Yes, God can do all his holy will
- Where do you learn how to love and obey God? In the Bible alone
- Who wrote the Bible? Holy men who were taught by the Holy Spirit
- Who were our first parents? Adam and Eve
- Of what were our first parents made? God made the body of Adam out of the ground and formed Eve from the body of Adam
- What did God give Adam and Eve besides bodies? He gave them souls that could never die
- Do you have a soul as well as a body? Yes, I have a soul that can never die
- How do you know that you have a soul? The Bible tells me so
- In what condition did God make Adam and Eve? He made them holy and happy